Smart V4: infrastructure challenges (ID: 21420186).
Despite being geographical, historical and cultural neighbours, the Visegrad countries are far from realizing their full potential for successful cooperation. It is especially evident in the case of insufficient infrastructure in the fields such as 1) energy and 2) transport. This incapability is also visible on the European level where they perennially fail to protect their common interests against the bigger EU players.
Objectives of the project identification of infrastructure challenges faced by the V4 (e.g. literature research, interviews with key experts, on-line surveys), development of relevant policy papers in the fields of 1. energy and 2. transport, which will be useful (preferably policy-oriented) for decision makers and published on our portal as well as in the form of an academic book.
There will be built an expert instrument beneficial for future cooperation: the interactive map of V4 infrastructure challenges (IT tool).
– the Czech Republic: Asociace pro mezinarodni otazky / Association for International Affairs
– the Czech Republic: Prague Security Studies Institute
– Slovakia: Centrum pre európske a severoatlantické vzťahy / Centre for European and North Atlantic Affairs
– Hungary: Magyar Tudományos Akadémia Közgazdaság- és Regionális Tudományi Kutatóközpont / Hungarian Academy of Sciences Centre for Economic and Regional Studies
– Hungary: Századvég Alapítvány / Századvég Foundation
– Poland: Tischner European University Research Centre
Konrad Szpak (Project Coordinator), e-mail: Konrad.Szpak@visegradplus.org
The project is co-financed by the International Visegrad Fund within the standard grants programme.